Two-Way Radio Field Service Technician
- Run field service calls both during normal business hours and after hours.
- Utilize communication repair tools to accurately diagnose equipment problems and failures.
- Triage and repair radio infrastructure, as well as portable and mobile radios.
- Electronic repairs including soldering skills.
- Program as needed – both subscriber equipment and system equipment.
- Complete job tickets and other required work documents.
- Maintain positive customer relations.
- Maintain consistent attendance.
B & C is looking for a motivated, energetic person to join our Service team in Columbus. This job requires someone with the following characteristics:
- The ability to troubleshoot equipment and diagnose system problems.
- The ability to fix and maintain two-way radio system infrastructure.
- The ability to work well with hand tools on a bench.
- The desire for continued training and education.
- Consistent performance and attendance.
- Good customer relation skills.
- The ability to work well with a team.
- Formal technical electronics training or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience using communications test equipment such as RF Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzer, Wattmeter, Frequency Meters, Deviation meter, etc.
- Basic knowledge of FCC Part 90 regarding permissible frequency error, deviation, power output, etc.
- Experience in radio trunking and microwave is considered a plus.
- Experience with Motorola is considered a plus.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good driving record due to the driving requirements of this position.
- ETA CET and or FCC General Radiotelephone license is a plus – ETA Certification is a requirement of this position, but if candidate does not currently have this certification, B & C will provide 90 days for it to be achieved. B & C is a drug-free workplace.
Employees at B & C Communications enjoy competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including medical/dental insurance, life insurance, 401K, and vacation/personal days. Additional compensation is available for service calls run after hours. A company service van is provided for this position to be used during normal business hours and on after hours service calls.
Our Columbus and Akron offices are currently seeking an Installer. Duties include installation of equipment into public safety and service vehicles such as radio equipment, video cameras, and GPS systems. This position requires a high attention to detail with excellent customer interaction skills. The ideal candidate should have basic mechanical skills, general electronics and wiring skills, possess basic hand tools and have a good driving record.
Reports to: Facility Manager
Supervises: No Supervisory functions
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent Diploma
Experience: Mechanical background or car electronics
Requirements: Valid drivers license and clean BMV record
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to work with car electronics
- Some knowledge of a few electronic measuring devices
Qualifications for continued employment
- Adhere to personnel policies and practices
- Punctuality and regular attendance
- Safe and successful job performance
- Maintain a valid drivers license
Job Related Functions
- Ability to install two way radio and safety equipment into various vehicles
- Ability to interface equipment into existing car electronics
- Ability to work with a variety of hand tools
- Ability to document work performed accurately
- Ability to communicate with customers and management
- Ability to work in the field with little supervision
- Ability to keep a neat and clean work environment
- Ability to assist facility manager on minor facility maintenance
- Small hand tools
- Small power tools
- Small Ladders
Employees at B & C Communications enjoy competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including medical/dental insurance, life insurance, 401K, and vacation/personal days.